Choosing your next car can be overwhelming and confusing. Probably you are interested in a model that has been featuring a lot on TV ads, or you wish to switch between vehicle every third year. No matter the reason, you should give a thought to certified pre-owned vehicles. Used or preowned vehicles and cars have a few advantages over new models, although the latter is always safer as an investment. Let’s not deny that there is a thrill of owning a new car. In this post, we are sharing more on the benefits of preowned vehicles.
- Save huge. Cars typically have a very high depreciation rate for the first couple of years, so you lose a lot in value, if you sell a new car immediately after buying. That’s not the case with preowned vehicles. You can save as much as 50% on the ex-showroom price.
- You don’t pay for the depreciation. Try buying a used car today and selling it off soon after, you will still get a price that’s closer to what you had paid. In other words, the depreciation is already done and doesn’t become your burden.
- No hidden costs. Many dealers have their own ways to make money on new vehicles, which isn’t the case with used ones. If you and the dealership/seller agree on the price, that’s exactly what you pay – no unwanted surprises there.
- Assurance. If you buy a used car from a known dealership, chances are high that the vehicle has been inspected in detail and certified for its value. There is complete transparency in the deal, and you can even get a vehicle report that talks of history, repairs, restoration, and maintenance. In other words, you still have the backing of the brand and dealership.
- Warranties may be applicable. Depending on the age and condition of a preowned vehicle, you can expect to get warranties on select OEM parts and replacements. Make sure that you talk to the dealer or seller about this and do check if everything has been mentioned on paper.
Finally, when you select a used car, you are making a better choice for the environment. The planet needs better solutions for all the waste that goes in landfills, and when vehicles remain in circulation, the need to produce more decreases considerably. Check online now to find the best dealers for preowned vehicles near you, and don’t miss taking a test drive.